Monday, January 16, 2012

Dear 2011,

(Before I conclude the year that was with a year-ender post, here's what I have to say for 2011)

I live by the mantra Carpe Diem, a Latin phrase taken from Odes 1.11 (Tu ne quaesieris) by Horace, an aphorism which translates to "Seize the day".


In 2010, I found the love of my life. In 2011, I lived my life to the fullest, with her. I've been to places (Subic, Summer 2011 and Bataan, Sembreak 2011), I ate my heart out (started the year with a Yakimix date, tried Circles in Shang, celebrated my 20th at Vikings, tried food joints like The Real Thing Diner, Graffiti, House of Lasagna, Ristras and Johnny Chow just to name a few), and attended fairs, bazaars and events (with Best Food Forward, Rockwell Coachella Bazaar, Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, Midnight Mercato and Skechers Streetdance Battle 7 being my favorites) with her. We've been spending the 13ths in every way imaginable, some days staying in, some school days studying together, some days eating out, some days cooking at home - all these because we just couldn't pass up on all the great things life has to offer. I spent the whole of 2011 with this girl and it won't end there 'cause I plan on spending the coming years with her, no matter what.


Also in 2011, I told myself "I'm coming home". True enough, I'm a prodigal trainee of the family I've been waiting to back to. In 2012, I'll be taking my final steps so I could finally say I'm home.


Another thing, in 2011, I've been spending more time with my family and I couldn't have asked for more. I gained new #friends who I'm more than thankful for since the friendship was built not just because I'm their friend's girlfriend. To me, they're not just my girlfriend's friends, they're my own.


This must be the good life everyone's been talking about.


As it dawned on me that 2012 is already here, the supposed year that would end it all, I would have to say that I have no regrets because I lived every day (all 365 of them) as if it was my last. I spent every second (all 31,536,000 of them) on everything that I deemed worthy of my time. And even if this post is already full of cliches, I have to say, 2011 has prepared me well enough for the coming transition to the future, and for the future itself. Every minute (all 525,600 of them) has been filled with love and life. And I plan on taking all of 2011 with me - the pains and gains, the losses and grosses. Just about everything, basically.


Thanks to you, the year that was.


As awesome(st) as you have been,


(c) Luigi Crespo

No comments:

Post a Comment